Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Flashback: Spring Breaaaa---ughhhhh

Where'd Spring Break go? I'll tell ya where it went. It was devoured by the evil monster known as Influenza.

Here's Henry reading at the book store today --
trust me, you don't want to see us the rest of the week.
The flu just doesn't work for my hair.
Back in November the whole family got flu shots, but this wicked little booger was a "new strain" so it snuck right past all our defenses. Stupid mutation.

Anyway -- One Week Ago Today I was starting to feel a little yucky, so I thought I'd take a walk in the glorious glorious sun! What a lovely day! Spring Break awaits! I shall be revived!

Of course by the time I got home all I could do was the lie there on the floor like a sock filled with rice (which, incidentally, does wonders for earaches). And the week pretty much went from there.

Looking back at less-germy times ...



One Month Ago: The Flagship University brouhaha hit Idaho, and I realized that the Blog fills the need-center in my brain formerly occupied by newspaper editorial writing. Also the Star Trek References Need-Center. Thanks, blog.

Five Years Ago: In 2007 Tim and I took an awesome, week-long trip to Seattle to celebrate my very last Spring Break. (Has it seriously been almost five years since I graduated from college?) We stayed with friends in Bremerton and Kirkland, spent a night at a nifty historic Queen Anne hotel, explored and wandered and relaxed, and ate whatever we wanted (best meal: shrimp and veggie tempura, blackberry pie, and a magical apple-bourbon cocktail. Don't question my combinations.)
We spent an entire day in the Woodland Park Zoo despite pouring rain, and a wicked little girl stole Tim's umbrella then tried to kick him. It was awesome.


Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!


Ten Years Ago: I've been trying to decide what 2002 Tara was probably up to this time of year. I can't imagine March was an especially thrilling time in high school -- lost in that empty sea between Christmas Break and Spring Break (which happens in April up in the extra north-y part of North Idaho, where I lived then). Let's assume I had a nice, quiet weekend reading and eating gummi worms. Mmmmmm ... gummi worms.

21 Years Ago Today: Wolfgang Van Halen was born. (Your day is now more complete having known that!)

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am not questioning your food combinations. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Happy commenting! Remember: Debate is encouraged. Meanies are not. (And if you don't have a Google account but want to leave your name, select Name/URL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...