Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rage Against the Blog


I was feeling bloggy (it’s an adjective now!) today, so I polled my Facebook Braintrust for inspiration.

My brother’s suggestion: “I think you should write about that time you punched me for singing that song...is it wrong that it still makes me laugh?”

My brain: “That sounds like something I would have done. Yee-up. Uh-huh. But what the heck song was it? And when? And how could it have been that bad?”


Ahhh, yes. That one. Thaaaaaat one.

(Is it funny that I kind of want to punch him again for finding it funny that 12 years ago I punched him for singing that song?)

But now that I’ve related that anecdote … what now?

I wish I could just bust something awesome out. But I guess I’m still struggling to figure out what this blog wants to be.






Do those things go together? Can they?

I picked the name “Tarababble” because I liked the idea of just being able to say whatever, all under the umbrella of THE BLOG.

And I still want to – but I’m seeing why the idea is tricky. The problem with being unlimited is choosing from the vast expanse of possibilities.

I’ve even been trying to write a nice list of potential ideas here but even that’s not going anywhere.

So what you get is a brief tale of theme-song-induced rage, along with a plea:

Give me ideas, dear readers. Please. I don’t want this little blog to die, if only because I’m egotistical and like writing what I think in a public manner. (Come on, you know that’s why blogs exist.)

So share in the comments! Share on Facebook! Share wherever!

And be specific. Nothing like, “Write about your kids!” (I’m looking at you, Savannah. I’m looking at you.)

If you like the kid stories, what do you like about them that you’d enjoy reading more of?

What news topics of the day would you like me to weigh in on?

What sleeping dragons shall I verbally kick in the shins just for the sake of starting a conversation?

WHAT NEXT, PEOPLE!?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, "write about your kids" isn't specific enough for you? How's this: Write about Danny!
    But, seriously, I think you underestimate yourself. YOu are a fabulous enough writer that I want to read whatever comes out of our brain, about anything, and everything. And yes, all those ideas do fit together, because they fit under the umbrella of "Tara."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write funny Henry stories, share your yummy lentil chili recipe, write about Tim's work and your work, about your teaching job and the highlights of it, about Moscow's picturesque summers and how you can't wait for the next one, about your fear of driving long distances or in bad weather or at night, share a story from when you were a little girl, tell us how you and Tim met and dated, about your insightful and thought provoking views on current political issues...Ok maybe that was an obnoxious list, but I love reading essentially everything you write - give us YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write about the last really good book you read.

    ReplyDelete

Happy commenting! Remember: Debate is encouraged. Meanies are not. (And if you don't have a Google account but want to leave your name, select Name/URL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...